Mama Diaries

Friday, December 20, 2019

A Strange Kind of Snow

Schultz seems to be feeling much better. His chemo treatments are done and he is back to his old self creating chaos and mayhem wherever he goes.

Here's the latest story:

When I walked into the mansion (the term I use for my former place of residence), I noticed white stuff all over the ground: Blobs of cotton-like material strewn in the hall, in the family room, and in the kitchen.

I picked one of these blobs up between my fingers and looked at it. "What the heck?"

Then I saw the remains of "Beavie," one of Schultz's favorite toys. The stuffed beaver wasn't so stuffed anymore. His head was sliced open and his cotton stuffing was strewn about. I found the perpetrator looking as innocent as could be.


A short while later, that lovely green bunny you see him pictured with met the same fate. Apparently, the dog has too much time on his paws. Or maybe he misses the snow we had in Ohio and wants to get into the Christmas spirit! 


On another topic, I'd like to let you know that I'm a guest over at Regan Macaulay's blog telling her why my friend, Dennis Higgins' book, Christmas in Pottersville, is my favorite Christmas book. Please visit if you'd like to know why. 

And finally, I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Enjoy the holidays!

20 comments:

  1. He's a beautiful dog! He might need more toys for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried that. You can see my next post for the results. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We don't know. He'll be tested in a couple of months.

      Delete
  3. I am glad he's getting back to his old self! No toy will be safe.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems Schulz is reminding you he's no "Schultzy," but a fierce protector to be taken seriously. So Bye-bye Beavie and Bunny and hello to the real deal. He's back!
    Hello to a new year soon, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha he's taking no prisoners. Great he is a happy camper again. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photograph … he might need a few new toys for Christmas :)

    Enjoy the season.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought he did, too. But apparently, he didn't. :) See the next post for details.

      Delete
  7. Did you ask him why he was mad at his old friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say about that beast, except that I think he saw Bootsy, our cat rip apart a lot of small creatures. He learned from the master.

      Delete
  8. Oh, sweet Schultz. Faulkner used to tear up toys sometimes, too. His very first toy was a stuffed snowman. He used to sleep with the snowman in his arms or use the snowman as a pillow. Then one day the snowman turned into tufts of snow.

    Love,
    Janie, Franklin, and Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. That sounds so much like Schultz. He used to sleep with Beavie. It was so cute.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Sherry!

    I visited Regan's site, dear friend. I am always interested in that which interests you.

    It warms my heart to see Schultz looking so well and to know that his prognosis is good. Bless his heart! I don't think you should rush to judgement and assume that he is the culprit that chewed those toys to a pulp. Measure the bite marks and remember:

    "If the teeth don't fit... you must acquit!" :)

    I wish you and your whole family, including your gentle giant, the wonderful, lovable Schultz, a merry Christmas and all the best in 2020, dear friend Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shady! Merry Christmas to you, too and a very Happy 2020!

      That was nice of you to visit Regan's site. Thanks always for your comments and thoughtfulness.

      Delete
  10. dog looks healthy now...great

    # Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be okay. We'll see the test results in a couple of months.

      Delete
  11. Most heartwarming to read Sherry,albeit late.
    It's good to know that Schultz is progressing.
    Happy Christmas to you and family.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete