Mama Diaries

Friday, November 5, 2021

IWSG and Another Klaus Story

 


Okay. So I'm a few days late on the IWSG post. Sorry. It's been busy in my world!  Better late than never. The question is, is it easier for me to come up with a title for my work or write a blurb?  Title. For sure! I have titles popping out of my head all over the place. Blurbs take way more effort. They have to be concise, convey the story, and interest the reader at the same time. Not an easy task!  What about you?  Which do you find easier?

And now for another Klaus story:  The feisty canine reached the point in his life all dogs dread. It was time to get neutered. On the day of the operation, he was up bright and early at 6 AM, jubilant and jumping with glee. He knew a car ride was in the picture. The excitement was too much. He arrived at the vet's office, still overjoyed., super-hyper, tugging at the leash, jumping, and greeting everyone who was there.

As you probably know, a dog undergoing the neutering process has to be sedated. Well, Klaus, being the extraordinarily hyper beast he is, wouldn't settle down. Extra tranquilizers were required. Then afterward, when it was time to put the "cone of shame" on him, he needed three people to hold him down to get it done. You'd think after having his privates altered, he'd be a little more subdued. But no. He still wanted to greet everyone. Bumping into them like a drunk person, he rammed them with his cone of shame.  

I'm sure there was a collective sigh of relief when he finally went out the door.

Klaus has fully recovered and is no longer wearing the cone of shame. And he is still as crazy as ever!

Have you ever known a dog (or cat) that required extra tranquilizers to have any kind of operation?

(Note: The story is a second-hand account. I did not take the dog to the vet. The ex did. This is what he says happened.) 

 



28 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the title is harder. Glad Klaus has recovered from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klaus is just as energetic and crazy as he was before the surgery.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Sherry!

    I'm like you, dear friend. I come up with many great ideas for titles, (usually while showering), but have difficulty fleshing out a blurb or story to go with them.

    Your ex's story about Klaus doesn't surprise me. Our Toto absolutely loved to go for rides in the car. An eternal optimist, she never caught on to the fact that most trips were visits to the vet. In the vet's waiting room, she always grew impatient and hyperactive, winding the leash around chair legs and human legs and whining to leave. She hated to be examined and having to get shots. She was a small breed, however, not a large rambunctious German Shepherd, and didn't require extra tranquilizers. I always feel sorry for pooches that needs to wear the cone of shame. It confuses and frustrate them. I'm happy to know that Klaus got through the procedure and the cone wearing post-op period and is back to having frisky fun again. That's a great picture of him!

    Have a safe and happy weekend and enjoy the month of November, dear friend Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Klaus!
    I write blurbs all the time, for all the books I translate. I just wrote one today for Holly Black's Queen of Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, that must be easy for you. You've had lots of practice.

      Delete
  4. Well, he wasn't awake for the surgery, so of course he wasn't upset by it. You'll miss his exuberance when he mellows with age. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. My ex father-in-law has a lab who's crazy, and he's almost 9 years old.

      Delete
  5. No one wants the neuter trip.
    No worries on a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Titles are always easy for me, but it doesn't mean they are good titles. So all of them are "working titles," guiding my sense of the theme while I first draft.
    As to Klaus, he's a beauty. A part of me feels sad that his beautiful genes will not make more German Shepherds, but we know it's the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's a pretty dog. But he's crazy. So there will be no more crazy German Shepherds from him.

      Delete
  7. glad to hear Klaus has fully recovery....

    # Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only had small dogs, so it's pretty easy to knock them out. Glad he's healed up and out of the cone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he'd wear the cone longer, but it came off within the week.

      Delete
  9. Klaus looks happpy he's out of surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its great Klaus is out of surgery and well now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing blurbs is tough. You can't give away all your plot, just enough to hook the readers. So which would be enough? Hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's very challenging to write good blurbs. I admire people who can do it.

      Delete
  12. I’m so glad there is a Klaus in your life now =) And I don’t know about extra sedative, but I had to have extra novocain (painful to spell!) in the dentist office once, bleh!

    Hope everything is going well for you!

    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had a pet who has needed extra meds (that I know of)- but I almost always need extra Novocain. Glad Klaus is recovering well!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Novocain is something I try to avoid. :)

    ReplyDelete