Mama Diaries

Friday, August 9, 2024

Summer Travels

 


Yes, I know. Late again. I simply lost track of time because I've been having too much fun. More about that later. 

The question of the month is "Do you use AI in your writing?" My question of the month is, "Did we have this question not too long ago?" 😎 I've attempted to use AI in my efforts to write a blurb for my book. But I didn't like what it produced, so I ended up writing my own. My opinion is that AI is good for giving you ideas for what to write, but the human brain is better at writing something more appropriate. I will say AI is good for flowery writing. Some of the adjectives it spews out are impressive. LOL!  Do you use AI?  If so, what do you think about it?


Summer vacation is over now, but I'd have to say, I did a lot of cool things this summer. Here are a few of the places I've been:


    On top of Brasstown Bald—the highest point in Georgia.  Beautiful views of 3 states:  Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina!


Hanging at the Georgia Aquarium on my birthday. They have a very large whale shark. It's the only whale shark in an aquarium in the USA. Very cool to see it!



Here's Pothole Falls in Highlands, North Carolina. I'm actually standing on the stone that is at the corner of three states! 


Did you do anything fun this summer?  


26 comments:

  1. AI has its uses but cannot replace human imagination, though it may attempt to replicate it.
    Lovely photographs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had some fun times this summer. The mountains in Georgia and North Carolina are so beautiful. I agree with you that Al is not good for creative writing, but it has other uses. Glad you decided to post even if it was a little late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I have on my plate!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Sherry!

    Great to see new pictures of you, dear friend, and to learn where your travels took you this summer. A few years ago, Mrs. Shady and I stood in the tower atop Clingman Dome and gazed into the distance at the terrain in several states. I'm sure you know where it is. I love to visit aquariums. I've visited two in the last five years. That's a lovely picture of you posing on the rock with falls in the background.

    I use AI to get answers to questions and to generate artwork. Thanks for visiting Shady's Place today. In keeping with my new blog policy, I did not take time to reply to your comment, but nevertheless reciprocated with a visit to your site and an expression of sincere gratitude for your friendship and support. My next post hits this Sunday if you care to have a look at it. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of your month, dear friend Sherry, and I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom. I'll be hopping over to your blog momentarily. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with you that AI is nice for giving a writer some ideas, but I wouldn't use it extensively. I had to take some time off from work because of illness, so I'm here in Florida's heat and thunderstorms. I'm glad you enjoy your travels.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you've been ill! I hope you're feeling better. My daughter is in Miami. She's told me about all the floods. Not fun!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had some nice trips. It's good to be able to get out and about. I hope you have some fun stuff planned for the fall as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of book signings. So yes, I'll be driving, but not seeing too much of the surroundings. ;)

      Delete
  6. Never bothered with ai.

    Sure looks like fun indeed. Never knew a rock shared 3 states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea. But a hiker who was there told me about it.

      Delete
  7. Great photos, lovely outfits!
    I boo and hiss on AI, we need to fight it as much as we can otherwise it will soon become our overlord LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a dangerous thing if we rely on it too much.

      Delete
  8. I haven't used AI at all, yet. And this summer, been spending too much free time working on house and property and putting up antennas

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Carolinas and Tennessee? Is that the three states?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome. Love the photos. Seems like you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AI as my writer? Heaven help. But now that I think about it, aren't the grammar check/spell check programs a sort-of AI-ish? Love your photos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I guess I'd say I find spell check quite useful. Even though I think I know how to spell, it catches typos quickly.

      Delete
  12. Loved seeing all the photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used AI to search and compare data from several resources......

    Beautiful photos....love waterfall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love waterfalls! They're the best part about hiking!

      Delete