Mama Diaries

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Dragon Con Fun!

 


Before I tell you about Dragon Con, I have to answer this IWSG question of the month:  What English grammar rule do you break as a writer. That's easy. Incomplete sentences. :)  I write them all the time.

What about you? 

This past weekend, I was at Dragon Con. A huge Sci-fi convention.  (See, another incomplete sentence!) This is a huge yearly event in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. I've played with Georgia Philharmonic for the crowds, but never as a soloist. This year, I got to perform Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody arranged for viola and orchestra. Let me tell you, I felt like a rock star! Three thousand people in the audience were waving their cell phones, so I was looking out at a bunch of twinkle lights as I was playing. So cool!  Here are some pictures of the event. If you'd like to see and hear me play, check out this video my husband took: 


  









Have you ever heard of Dragon Con?  Ever been there?


13 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience! Never been - seems like just a bit too crowded for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing you got to play at DragonCon. You play beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. It sounded really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sherry!

    What a wonderful performance, dear friend! Surely, this is what is meant by "Seven Minutes in Heaven." I smiled right along with you when you occasionally glanced up from your instrument mid song and saw the extent to which your playing was impacting the audience. The video your husband took is something you'll treasure the rest of your life, as are the pictures. I am verklempt gazing at the last image showing the sea of lights piercing the darkness "while your violin gently weeps." Congratulations, dear friend Sherry, on yet another high point in your accomplished music career!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was searching the IWSG list and just found this blog - I didn't see that you had two.

    I loved seeing the photos on Facebook about performing at Dragon Con.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is quite the crowd indeed. Nicely done too.

    Incomplete sentences. Pfft. Oh well lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never heard of Dragon Con until today. Lovely music and very relaxing.
    https://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well better incomplete sentences than 44 lines long ones like in the Greek novel I translated this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So neat that you got to play Queen! Rocking it on the viola!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fragment sentences. There, did it again ;)
    Hail to the Dragon Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great you play Dragon Con.......
    thank you for sharing video.

    ReplyDelete