Mama Diaries

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grumpy Mama

It's always difficult to manage all the creatures, kids, work, and household chores by myself when my husband is out of town. Today was one of those days where I had to "keep all the plates spinning." It's even more difficult when I don't feel good, and when I'm extremely tired. Today was one of those days as well.

Apparently my fatigue was affecting my personality. "Mommy, you're grouchy!' my son informed me. (This was after a rather legnthy whine session where my son complained that I didn't take him to the natural history museum.)

"Yeah, well you're grouchy too," I retorted.

Then my daughter came home complaining how she hurt her foot in gym class. I didn't offer much sympathy.

"Mommy, why are you so grouchy?" she asked.

The rest of the day continued much the same way. Finally, at the end of the day, as I was reading a bedtime story to my son, my daughter came up and taped a sign to my back. It read:

"Caution, stay back 500 feet. Grumpy Mama!"

Wouldn't that make a great T-shirt?

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that WOULD make a great t-shirt! Allow yourself a few grumpy days. It actually lets kids know you're human and not some perfect creature in a Mommy's Body. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete