Mama Diaries

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tap Dancing Lessons

"Mama, I'm going to give you a tap dancing lesson," my ten-year-old daughter said.

"Yeah.  This should be good," I replied.

"Let's start with a falap."

"A what?"

"Falap.  It goes like this."  She demonstrated.

"Okay," I said.  "Falap.  Falap.  Falap.  Got it."

"Now you have to learn a shuffle ball change."  She showed me how.

Somehow I did it without falling on my face.

"Now you're ready for a Buffalo."

"A what?"

"A buffalo."

"Is this a burger or a giant hairy animal?"

"Neither.  Look." She showed me.  I did it.

"Now you get to do a combo."  She whipped through something really fast.

"Right," I said.  "I'll just take a side of fries and a diet coke with that buffalo burger combo thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment