Mama Diaries

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

18 Truths Blogfest


Beginning January 22nd until the release day of her book, 18 Truths, January 28thJamie Ayres be hosting the Can You Handle The Truth Blogfest. This is something anyone, anywhere can participate in.
truth
All you have to do is post a blog centering around the classic Two Truths and a Lie get-to-know-you game.
Players tell two truths and one lie. The object of the game is to hop around the blogs and determine which statement that each blogger posted is the false one.
Anyone who posts for the Can You Handle The TRUTH? blogfest between January 22nd-28th can enter to win a number of prizes donated by 18 terrific people, including:
1) Jamie Ayres–18 Truths paperback + swag
2) Mara Valderran–Heirs of War ebook + swag
3) Eliza Tilton–Broken Forest ebook
4) Tara Tyler–query critique
5) Alex Cavanaugh–Cassa ebook
6) Ayden Morgen–ebook for Fade and Fall
7) Lynn Jake–journals
8) T.F. Walsh–Cloaked In Fur ebook
9) Sharon Bayliss–print copy of The Charge + critique of query and first chapter
10) Katie Hamstead–ebook of Kiya
11) Michelle Ziegler–homemade granola and bookmarks
12) Elizabeth Johnson–Moonflower ebook
13) Lindsey Loucks–signed bookmarks
14) Krystal Wade–ebook of Wilde’s Fire
15) Teshelle Combs–1 copy of Core (paperback) and 1 ebook copy of Core
16) Krista Rausin–2 copies of Mystic paperbacks
17) PK Hrezo–Butterman Time Travel ebook
18) Jessa Russo–Ever ebook

 Let’s get this party started!

Here are my three statements.  Which do you think is a lie?

1.  I was almost run over by a train.

2. I zip lined through a Costa Rican rain forest.

3. I swam in shark-infested waters.

40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nope. I really did swim in shark-infested waters!

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's difficult. (Was this blogfest inspired by Writerly Wednesdays? I wonder.) *ahem*

    My first inclination is to say #3 is the lie, but I also wanted to say #1. Hm. I'll go with #1--just to be different from Alex. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have an uncanny resemblance to your game ;0)!

      Delete
  3. tha shark infested one! Maybe if it were piranhas, but not sharks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this blogfest sounds like fun! Hmm, I'm going to guess #3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I think #1 is the lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One is not a lie. I was almost run over by a train!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm train is true I think, swim in any ocean and its shark infested, so has to be 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are! You've been hanging at this pad a long time, so you know me well!

      Delete
  7. Could you have really zip lined through Costa Rica forest?

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  8. For you, I believe them all, but I think #2 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to guess the train . . . at least I'm hoping that's a lie! Thanks for playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I really did have a close-encounter with a train!

      Delete
  10. Fun! And so hard to guess! I think I'll go with #2. Because I'd be uber jealous if that one were true. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. How about you and I go to the jungle and do a little zip-lining? ;0)

      Delete
  11. I'm going to guess the second one is the lie, since the others seem more likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Did you really think me swimming in shark-infested waters was likely to happen? ;0)

      Delete
  12. These are tough choices, but I'll go with #1. Though it could be #2, because it's not as outrageous as 1 and 3. This is one tricky game.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With me, you have to go for the least outrageous one!

      Delete
  13. I'm guessing #1 . . . I think.

    I'll be posting my 18 Things post on Friday.
    Love this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Nope. Sorry. I did have a close encounter with a train!

      Delete
  15. I'm going to guess the second one. It's a hard choice, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. I guess you've been visiting quite a bit, so you know me well!

      Delete
  16. I'm going to guess the swimming in shark infested water. I need to check this out and join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I've been up close and personal with lots of sharks!

      It's a fun blog fest. I hope you hop in!

      Delete
  17. Sharks scare me. Way more than zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am hoping the train is the lie. That is too scary. Mine is up now too.

    ReplyDelete