Mama Diaries

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Booby Trapped

Hope you all had a great New Year!  Thanks for all of the New Years greetings.  I've been spending time with my kids since they've been out of school, so it's a little tough for me to be online blogging.  I've got another crazy week, then things should get back to normal.

Why is it that a mom can't even go to the bathroom in peace?  All I need is five minutes.  Do I get it?  No.  The minute I go in, there's a kid shouting at me from the other side:  "Mama, can you do this?" or "Mama, I need this..."  Can't they wait until I'm done?

So today, when my son was shouting at me from the other side, I decided to ignore him.  I couldn't hear a word he was saying, which was fine with me. (The fan has a great way of drowning out what's happening on the other side.) 

When I tried to get out, I gave the door a push.  But it wouldn't budge.  What the heck? I thought.  I pushed again and managed to squeeze my way out. What do you think I saw on the other side?  A bath mat shoved against the door, and piles of towels and toiletries blocking my way.

"Bubba!" I yelled.

He came in looking all innocent.

"What's this?"  I asked.

"A booby trap.  I told you about it  when you were in there.  You should've listened!"

25 comments:

  1. Isn't that like telling someone you're going to spring a pop quiz on them though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But given the situation, I don't think it would've made much of a difference even if I had known about the booby trap!

      Delete
  2. So warning someone excuses the person committing the action? Kid logic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Well, I guess you can't say he didn't warn you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My daughter(7) has found that if she takes out one of her hair barrettes she can open my bedroom door .When she makes it to the master bath she knows not to come in, but starts to talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! You'd better watch her! You've got a little lock-picker on your hands!

      Delete
  5. Oh, Lordy. When the kids were little, it was always when I tried to take a bath. They needed me so desperately every time I tried to relax for five minutes in warm, scented water.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear! Well, at least he admitted to doing it... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He would've been in big trouble if he had denied it!

      Delete
  7. Read this first thing thisd morning, had my first laugh of the day thanks.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending time with the kids?
    Well, that sure trumps blogging!
    Good for you!
    One of mine is at work, the other is still asleep.
    So...I'm blogging.
    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My days are numbered when both kids want to hang with me! When the end comes, I'll be right with you, blogging away about who knows what. ;0)

      Delete
  9. Next thing he will be trapping poor little bears in the woods....

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only you had your laptop with you, you might have had the chance to eke out a little work product while being held hostage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! I bet I could've written another chapter on my WIP!

      Delete
  11. It looks like your son has a wild imagination! That isn't a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. Guess it didn't pay to ignore Bubba.

    ReplyDelete