Mama Diaries

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Present for Mama

Before I begin, I'd like to thank everyone for your congratulatory remarks regarding my new book, Ten Zany Birds. You are all so supportive, and I want you to know how much I appreciate that!

I'd also like to let you know that I'm a guest on author, Roy Huff's blog.  I talk about surviving the publishing process. Please stop by and visit if you have a minute or two.

Now for the story.

I was busy typing on the computer, when my husband called me. "Woman! Come here. I have something for you!"

I couldn't wait to see what it was.

I walked into the kitchen and found the man standing next to the table with a huge grin on his face. He was pointing to a huge package of toilet paper which was sitting on it.

I raised my eyebrows. "An anniversary present?" I asked.

He laughed. "It's exactly what you need. Twenty rolls of toilet paper. And look, it has a new design for improved comfort."

"Thanks," I said. "You're so thoughtful. Always thinking of my comfort. And it's what I always wanted."

He walked away, looking quite pleased with himself.

(I'm trying to decide if this tops the toilet I received for Mother's Day. What do you think?)




42 comments:

  1. Well you have to give your huaband top marks for unusal present, or is it just "A flash in the pan". sorry for the pun. Enjoy your present.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toilet paper as a gift? I understand we all use it and mothers have to buy a lot of it, but really? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say the toilet is still the winner

    ReplyDelete
  4. pass them on to moi! I just found out I'm out of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not what to say to this. Really. I can only imagine where my wife you stuff that-gift- if I did that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm used to his quirky humor, so I just go with the flow.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh Sherry... your hubby is such a romantic... lol...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Absolutely the most romantic hubby on the planet! :)

      Delete
  7. And here I thought the Goodwill gift certificate was bad.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the toilet is still the winner. But nice to have gentle bum wipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband gets me toilet-paper too, but only when I put it on the list. He likes shopping far more than I do. Haha! I loved your publishing steps on Roy's blog, and I adore the cover for the new book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband always buys the extra large packages. I always by the 8 roll. He says that's never enough.

      Thanks for stopping by on Roy's blog!

      Delete
  10. You got crapper paper. That is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I have ever heard of toilet paper as a present before! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my family, we get all kinds of unusual presents -- like the camel I got for Christmas. ;0)

      Delete
  12. Hmmm... You might consider giving it back to him, a roll at a time, for all subsequent present-giving occasions. I think a prank-gift gifting war has begun... (No? That's just what my family does? Yikes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my husband and his brother do that. They have something stupid they gift back and forth to each other. So silly!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. :0) He actually got me something else for our anniversary, but he had to make me think that TP was the only thing I was getting. :0)

      Delete
  14. One time, my boyfriend surprised me with half a bag of skittles. Half. I would have preferred the toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Haha! Yes. We're both a couple of goof balls! ;0)

      Delete
  16. Well at least you can say its an original present. Not one many of us have been given I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. We give some unusual gift here in my family. ;0)

      Delete
  17. The toilet is still the winner but now you can use it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He should've given me the rolls along with the toilet!

      Delete
  18. Fortunately still be sipped bitter . At least we can measure it as what it's sweet .

    Obat Tipes Anak 3 Tahun | Obat Asam Lambung anak

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd say, if I tried that stunt I might not be able to blog (or breathe) for a few weeks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your wife wouldn't like it? ;0) Can't imagine why not!

      Delete
  20. btw, congratulations on the book, but I couldn't get the link to Roy Huff's blog to open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you couldn't get the link to work. I'll check it again. Thanks for the congratulations!

      Delete