Mama Diaries

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cookie Dough

A couple of weeks ago my daughter came home with a note from the teacher asking for volunteers to care for the class guinea pig on weekends. Being the kind-hearted animal lover that I am, I volunteered without thinking twice. Today was our assigned day to watch "Cookie Dough."

I expected to see my daughter coming off of the bus with a small container and a guinea pig. (I don't know what I was thinking.) Instead, she came off of the bus with only her backpack.

"Where's the guinea pig? " I asked.

"You're supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow."

"Okay, let's go now to get it."

We went back to the school and soon found Cookie Dough in the middle of the hall outside of the classroom in an enormous cage.

"How the heck are we supposed to get that thing home?" I asked. (I'm not one of those moms who drives around in a minivan, although I think maybe I should.)

"And where are the directions for taking care of this thing?"

Fortunately the janitor was nearby, so she gave me a quick lesson on guinea pig care.

Then I had to haul that thing to my car. That wasn't pretty. Then I had to haul it up the steps when I got home. That wasn't pretty either.

Now Cookie Dough is sitting on the floor in our loft wondering what the heck just happened. I'm kind of wondering that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment