I hope all of you had a really nice Christmas! My family and I certainly did.
Today, I need to tie up a loose end. My author friend and awesome critique partner from Cincinnati, Diana Jenkins, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much, Diana!
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about me, and then nominate 15 people for this award. I'll do the first part, but since I don't exactly follow rules, I'm going to skip the second part. If you've never received this award, please feel free to take it, because I think you're all lovely bloggers!
Here we go. Seven things about me:
1. I'm ambidextrous. I don't think it really does me any good though, because no matter which hand I write with, it all comes out like slop. (My daughter is also ambidextrous, but she generally writes with her left hand, whereas I generally write with my right. My son? I don't think he's any handed, because he inherited my illegibility gene, and neither hand writes well.)
2. German food makes me sick. I'm sorry all of you fine friends in Germany, but I just can't eat your food. Every time I visit Germany, I get food poisoning. You guys have some kind of lethal combination of soft boiled eggs, sauerkraut and beer, that my poor tummy just can't handle. So if I go to Germany, I stop at a store and get Erdnusse (peanut butter), bread, and a bottle of water. And then I'm fine.
3. I've moved ten times in my life. And honestly, I'm a little tired of it. I guess it's a good excuse to clean out the house, though. If I never moved, I'd hate to see what kind of collection of needless stuff I'd have!
4. Here's one I've never shared: I've ruptured my eardrum twice. Both from SCUBA diving. Talk about painful! I guess I'm lucky not to have any permanent damage. That would be bad, especially since I'm a professional musician!
5. Some of you already know this, but for the new people, I used to be a figure skater. I had big dreams of going to the Olympics. That was almost thirty years ago. The funny thing is, today I went roller blading with my son. I couldn't even go backwards on those things. (Yes, I could still go forward.) How in the world did I ever manage to spin and do triple lutzes back then on ice skates?
6. I enjoy learning languages. It's like putting together a puzzle. I like seeing how languages are related. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to study and keep up with the languages I did learn, but I know bits and pieces of seven languages.
7. It's no surprise that I enjoy music, and I play several instruments. I just got a ukulele for Christmas, so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to play it. Then maybe I'll take a trip to Hawaii, sit on a beach, and play it. That would be fun!
So what about you? Have you ever visited a country and gotten food poisoning? Any special interests or hobbies?