Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Outstanding Blogger Award
I'd like to thank Norbu Wangdi for giving me the Outstanding Blogger Award.
The rules on this one are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Say seven things about yourself.
3. Choose 15 bloggers to give the award to.
Since I've had quite a few of these things arrive at my pad, I'm just going to follow the first part and thank Norbu. If you don't know him, be sure to pay him a visit. I find the posts he shares to be quite fascinating, as they reveal a lot about his country and culture.
As far as the things about myself go, I don't know if I have any new material that you don't already know. So I'll give you a couple of things, but then I'll let you ask me questions. Is there anything you really want to know about me? If so, leave your questions in the comment section, and I'll answer them. (Maybe.)
Here are a few things:
1. I am good at playing basketball and throwing a football (which I do regularly with my son). I was a complete tomboy when I was a kid. I used to play football and basketball with all the neighborhood boys. (I was the quarterback.) In fact, I had way more fun playing with them, then hanging out with girls. (Dirt biking was another fun activity I did with them.) I'd still rather be hiking in the woods than blabbing on a telephone.
2. On my girly side, I've done several beauty pageants. This may be shocking. Why would a tomboy be interested in pretty dresses and makeup? But I was. I did very well in the Miss Ohio US Teen pageant. I won the scholastic achievement award, and was second in talent (which to this day, I'm very upset about, because the only reason I didn't get first, was because the Debussy piano piece I played exceeded the time limit. Grrr.!)
3. I've always enjoyed writing, but I never ever thought I'd be an author. It was my daughter who convinced me to do it when she was three years old! The first "chapter book" I'd ever written was, The Kingdom in the Clouds. I was eight years old. I even illustrated it. I still have that thing somewhere in my pile of stuff.
I'm going to skip naming 15 bloggers, because I just nominated a bunch recently for another award. But if you'd like to take this and share things about yourself on your blog, feel free to do so!
Again, if you have anything you'd like to ask me, go ahead and ask. I'll post answers in my next blog post.