Mama Diaries

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Schultz's Big Escape


The canine you see in the picture has been a very bad dog!  His name is Schultz, and he's our hundred pound German Shepherd.

Yesterday, the beast escaped.  Yes.  He went missing for over four hours.  None of us have any idea of how he did it.  My daughter and I had gone to the mall.  When we came back, my husband and the beast were missing.  My daughter and I assumed the dog with with the husband.  But no.  When the husband came back, the dog was not with him.

"Um, excuse me," I said.  "Where's Schultz?"

My husband looked around.  "I don't know.  I thought he was with you."

"Nope.  Not with me."

Thus commenced the dog search.  I stayed home while the search party went out.  It's a good thing I did, because while they were out, an unfamiliar car pulled into my driveway.  I looked closely, and who do you think I saw?  Yes.  The giant beast in the back seat, taking up practically the entire back end of the car.

I guess he had wandered into another neighborhood, a ways away, and found another dog to play with.  Fortunately, Schultz is a nice dog, and let the other dog's owner put a leash on him, and take him home.

Now Schultz is in the dog house.  Literally.  Let's just say he'd better not try that stunt, again!

(And what did the cat think of all of this?  This picture pretty much sums it up:)





39 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, did I say, love, that you posted a picture of that sweet face of his. So glad he got home safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad, too. I was concerned about him getting hit by a car.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's always a scary feeling.

      Delete
  2. Teach him to go play with the neighbor's dog without telling anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at that, I even beat Alex, here.

      Delete
    2. Then he'd never come home!

      Ivy - I'm impressed that you beat Alex!

      Delete
  3. Bad Schultz! And the cat was probably happy to get rid of him and disappointed he came back. I'm glad you found him. Very nice of that neighbor to bring him back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frightening when one's pet goes missing, always fearing the worst. I'm glad alls well that ends well although he is in the dog house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. his face looks very apologetic..
    I'm glad he's home safe
    Your cat's funny.. not bothered at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had that guilty look on his face for quite a while! The cat could care less about the dog!

      Delete
  6. Glad he's home safe but I'm wondering if he ate a cow whilst out and about; or perhaps a buffalo or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he ate some venison. We have plenty of that running around in the woods behind our house.

      Delete
  7. Glad he is home safe and sound. The cat looked really concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Schultz. Have you forgotten the time Harper ran away and ended up in prison? You are so fortunate to be back with your family.

    Love,
    Janie, who thinks the cat looks much too happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Schultz didn't end up in jail. And yes, our cat is a very carefree feline!

      Delete
  9. lol the cat was sure a happy camper while he was away. Schultz needs to book those play dates in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He needs to check with the Mama before he wanders out of the house!

      Delete
  10. Pete and I did something similar with Bubba when he was young. Pete used picked him up in the evening and called me when he needed me to get him. One evening we both returned home late and I didn't have him and Pete didn't have him. We phoned PawPaw and found out he had him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Schultz looks so ashamed in that picture, and no wonder! So glad he got home safely, at least. It's always scary when a pet goes missing like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wore that guilty look for the rest of the day!

      Delete
  12. Schultz looks so sad! He's probably trying to pitiful-himself out of the doghouse. Don't fall for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the cat felt free to relax a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. He's a very smart animal. Maybe a little too smart!

      Delete
  15. Do you think he might have a 'lady friend' somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Schultz! So glad he's back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Schultz must have really wanted a play date! I can imagine how you felt. One of the dogs we used to have was great at escaping. But now we have an electronic fence so Elliott doesn't try any daring trips around the neighborhood. So happy that Schultz is home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Schultz must have really wanted a play date! I can imagine how you felt. One of the dogs we used to have was great at escaping. But now we have an electronic fence so Elliott doesn't try any daring trips around the neighborhood. So happy that Schultz is home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SShultz deserved to be in the doghouse after his escapade. Hope he learned his lesson after making his family stressed out looking for him. Yeah, I can see how concerned the cat was. You wrote this article nicely.

    ReplyDelete