Mama Diaries

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bag Slippers

Bubba is on a bag roll. A couple of days ago, you may recall that he wanted to pop popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag. Well, since he found the bags, he decided that they'd be great for all kinds of other things. Like making slippers.

I was in my room, putting on my makeup, when I heard a strange crunching sound. I wondered what in the world it could be. Two seconds later, my son showed up with brown bags wrapped around each of his feet.

"Dude," I said. "What are you doing?"

He grinned. "Do you like my slippers? I made them myself!"

I nodded. "They're nice. But not very quiet. I can hear you coming from a mile away."

He frowned and walked away.

A minute later, he returned, still wearing his crunchy slipper. But this time he had something in his hand. Earplugs. "Here, Mama," he said, handing them to me. "Wear these. Then you won't hear me coming."

I laughed and put them in. "Okay, Bubba. You can walk around all you want, now, and it won't bother me a bit!"

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes. I never thought though, that I'd use them to prevent me from hearing the sound of brown bag slippers!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's amazing all the things you can do with them!

      Delete
  3. That boy is using his imagination and that's a good thing. One day his invention may make him rich, or cure a disease, or save the planet.
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. I hope he does put his imagination to good use some day!

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of "crunchy slippers". He should create a patent and start designing different styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have one smart lad there Sherry.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It never ceases to amaze me the things he comes up with!

      Delete
  7. He's very smart Sherry... how cute is he xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I think so, too. It'll be interesting to see what he accomplishes as an adult.

      Delete
  9. "The problem isn't me. It's you." I love that mentality! What an awesome solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my mom had said that, I'd probably have taken my slippers off. I liked his approach, too!

      Delete
  10. I remember having so much fun doing things like that when I was a kid. Now as an adult it would be embarrassing or a waste of time. I sometimes think maybe the kid's way is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the kid's way is better. It's definitely more fun!

      Delete
  11. I don't think kids bring lunch in brown bags anymore. That was me pretty much every day until high school. Bringin' my lunch in a brown bag with my name on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids usually don't bring their lunches in a bag - they use insulated carriers. But sometimes they need them for field trips, so I keep them in the house.

      Delete