Mama Diaries

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Scratchy Faces

Yesterday, I glanced over at my son's hand and noticed he had faces drawn all over it. 

"Bubba, why did you draw faces on your hand?" I asked.

He came over and sat next to me. Then he pointed at one of the marks on his hand. "That's a scratch, Mama. I thought it looked like a winking eye, so I drew the rest of the face around it." He pointed at another one. "See. Here's a scratch that looks like a smile. So I made eyeballs and a nose to go with it." 

"Nice," I said. "So, do your scratch faces make you feel better?"

He nodded. "Scratchy faces work way better than Band-Aids!"

So, ladies and gentlemen, next time you have a boo boo, draw a smiley face around it. It'll make it all better!

40 comments:

  1. So long as it isn't bleeding, the air is good for the wound, so the scratchy face... perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may give the cat another excuse to scratch me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe cute... your son sounds adorable Sherry ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. always wearing his Pink glasses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He has a very positive outlook on life.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Bubba. What are we going to do with you?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does he get his ideas from? bless him.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kid certainly has an unusually big imagination!

      Delete
  7. Bubba certainly thinks outside the box; I love that creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative! Love it! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a pretty good idea. I'm going to have to try it.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I don't think too many people would've come up with that.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Very imaginative. I hope he never loses that.

      Delete
  11. Actually that sounds like a great idea. I can't think of any kid who wouldn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm gonna need a pen. I have gotten myself scratched and bruised so many times this week that I've gotten concerned looks from strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative kid! Boys are so resourceful and fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, he's one smart and sensitive kid. You are one lucky momma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I've got quite the canvas then. I had a little biking accident yesterday that left my calf all scraped up. But any idea to keep kids from going through an entire Band-aide box in a week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your biking accident. Hopefully drawing smiley faces around your boo boos will make you feel better.

      Delete
  16. I'll remember that the next time I get a boo-boo. So cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute. I need two faces on both of my elbows now. :)

    ReplyDelete