Mama Diaries

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Happy Birthday to IWSG!

 


Happy Birthday to the Insecure Writer's Support Group! If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it's 12 years old! Which means I've been blogging for at least that long. Wow! 

How did I get involved?  I think I saw information about it on Alex's blog. Eventually, I joined. I'm glad I did! It's a very supportive community, with helpful information in every monthly newsletter. I'm sure if it were not for this group, I would have stopped blogging long ago. The questions of the month are great prompts to keep us writing and connected. 

Thanks to Alex and the whole crew for keeping it going!


Here's the latest and greatest:  Have you ever heard of Dragon Con? It's a huge sci-fi convention held in Atlanta every Labor Day weekend. Georgia Philharmonic, the orchestra I play with performs for it. We had 3000 plus people in the audience. Crazy fun!

 


Photo credits:  Mark Rainey

30 comments:

  1. Dragon Con sounds fun. I guess the musicians have to dress rather carefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The musicians (except the conductor and singers) have to wear concert black. It avoids problems with tricky costumes.

      Delete
  2. You played Dragon Con! Very cool.
    Glad you joined us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've been doing Dragon Con for 7 years.

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome that you had such a great turnout for your performance at Dragon Con. And it's cool that you joined this group at the beginning. I found out about it a little later

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Dragon Con existed. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it either, until the orchestra got hired to play for it.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of people would have stopped blogging without the IWSG, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm sure if it were not for this group, I would have stopped blogging long ago." - Totally me too!

    Dragon Con looks fun. Wow. Big crowd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see how crazy it is! Packed with costumed people!

      Delete
  7. Happy IWSG Day! I am so thankful for this group!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I'd never heard of Dragon Con before, but now I absolutely have to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go, definitely come see the Georgia Philharmonic performance on Saturday night. It's a highlight. This year we opened another ballroom for overflow at another hotel.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Wow, I've learned something new. I didn't know that a great Sci-Fi convention was held in Georgia, and that's the state I was born and raised in. That's great. Thank you for your faithfulness to the IWSG. Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever come back to your birth town, you'll have to make plans to see Dragon Con!

      Delete
  10. The IWSG has such a wonderful sense of community, which is hard to find in online groups. Being a part of the group has kept me moving forward (like a snail...) on this crazy writer journey...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dragon Con does look like fun! How lucky to have been a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great you performed with Georgia Philharmonic,.....
    congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw and joined. Easy as can be. Wow. That is quite the crowd. Must have been fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that must have been an exciting place to perform! Jeff https://fromarockyhillside.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 12th birthday to the Insecure Writer's Support Group and here's to the next 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I'll be an old person in 12 years, probably with lots of grandchildren. :)

      Delete