Mama Diaries

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Author Websites

 


Have you ever been frustrated while visiting an author's website?  Today's IWSG question asks what bothers you when visiting an author's website. Honestly, I've never been bothered by anyone's website, but I'd say a big factor is the ease of getting around and the ease of finding the book(s) and making the purchase.  I'd say the home page should give a sense of who the author is, and what kind of books the author writes. 

What do you think? Is there anything that's a personal pet peeve when visiting an author's website?



On a different note, thanks to all who have purchased or reviewed my new book, or visited the tour stops for Bubba and Squirt's City of Bones. If you'd like to win an autographed copy of the book and a $50 Amazon gift card, there's still time. Visit this site to see the remaining tour stops and enter:   https://www.thechildrensbookreview.com/bubba-and-squirts-city-of-bones-awareness-tour/

I will mail the books anywhere in the world (as long as they can be mailed to the destination).


   



18 comments:

  1. Getting around and finding things on a site is a big deal.
    Hope the tour has been rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well. The biggest plus was getting a lot of new followers and subscribers.

      Delete
  2. A website is useless if you can't find the author's books. I hope you've been having a good book tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In general, websites can be amazingly good and easy to navigate, while others unwittingly encourage users to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, navigation is paramount. I've encountered some site where I have to hunt and hunt just to find what I'm looking for, and it's like, I don't want to work just to use your site. Unfortunately, one of those sites is the site I need to use to get paid at work. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, being able to find what you're looking for is essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why have a website if people can't find what they need?

      Delete
  6. Yep. Getting to where you want and finding what you want can make or break a site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Websites, for me, need to be ~~~

    1. Findable with a simple search
    2. Clean and clear and not overly verbose
    3. Free of ads, PLEASE
    4. Have the author's real face on them. Maybe it's just my thing, (I don't think so) but I have to "look 'em in the eye" so to speak
    5. For me, not have pulsating action gif or flashing kinetic images. This sort of harks back to point number two^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great thoughts. Yes. Ads are annoying as are flashing things.

      Delete
  8. Websites that are out-of-date are my pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many government websites are out of date. So challenging to navigate when I'm trying to apply for grants!

      Delete
  9. I don't like visiting posts that are too long.

    ReplyDelete