Mama Diaries

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Go-Kart

At 7:52 AM, my seven-year-old son announced he was ready to work on a big project.  "Mom, come into the garage and help me make a go-kart."

"Seriously?  Dude, you're still in your pajamas, and I'm trying to make breakfast!"

"Yeah.  Come on.  This won't take long."

I sighed and followed him into the garage.  The parts were already laid out:  a skateboard, the big box from our firepit, and Hello Kitty duct tape.

"Okay, Mom.  You hold this skateboard here while I tape it to the box."

I patiently did my job.

When he was finished, we flipped the skateboard-box contraption over.

"Thanks, Mom.  Now help me get this into the driveway."

"You're actually going to sit in this thing and ride it down the driveway?"

"Yeah."

I shook my head.  I picked up the weird concoction and placed it in the driveway.

"Watch this, Mama!"  He sat in the box and rolled all the way down the driveway.

"Wow!" I said.  "Now I bet all your friends are going to want one of those."

"Yeah.  It's the best go-kart ever!"     

No comments:

Post a Comment