Mama Diaries

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Dog and the Chicken

This aftenoon two very strange creatures came through my front door. One was barking and panting like a dog, and the other was clucking and flapping his wings like a chicken. Guess who they were? Yep, my offspring. (Does this mean I'm a chicken or a dog?)

They had finally come home after a three-day vacation at grandma and grandpa's house. They were thrilled to be home! As expected, it took exactly three seconds for them to clutter the house. The house was also no longer quiet. It was utter mayhem and chaos.

Soon after he arrived, my son whipped of his shirt and handed it to me. "Here mom, wash this. It has boogers on it."

Then he added, "Will you blow my nose?"

"I'm happy that you are home," I replied, "but you can blow your own nose!"

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment