Mama Diaries

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Puppy Love

My kids have wanted a puppy for years. I bet they have been asking for at least five years. (Can you believe we've been holding out that long?) Today at the pet store, there was an adorable female beagle who was about 7 or 8 months old. Someone had thrown her out of a car and left. The pet store was trying to find a good home for it.

"Please, mommy, can we have it?"

I looked at my son's puppy eyes. I looked at my daughter's puppy eyes. Then I looked at the puppy's puppy eyes. Gosh darn it, why did they have to look at me like that?

The only thing that kept me from getting that puppy was knowing that my husband would have a fit if I brought it home. So now I have to try to negotiate. We'll see if we end up with that cute little beagle. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment