Mama Diaries

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Road Trip

I've been on the road these last few days (which is why there haven't been any posts, in case you're wondering). I drove with my children to Iowa to visit my mom. I have lots of stories to share from this trip, but in this post, I'm going to share the "bubble gum" incident.

We had been driving approximately seven hours. My kids were getting very antsy! (There are only so many I-spy games one can play.) My five-year-old son decided that he wanted some gum. My daughter, who is supposed to be responsible, gave him some. He promptly lost it. A little while later he fell asleep. The gum had not been located. I knew this was going to be big trouble.

When he awoke, he made this announcement: "Mom, I need to change my shirt."

"Why?" I asked.

"It's dirty."

"Hmmm," I thought.

We stopped at the next exit and pulled into a gas station.

I looked at his shirt and didn't see anything wrong with it.

We made our way to the restroom. That's when I saw it. The boy had melted gum smeared all over his armpit. There I was, loaded with wads of wet paper towels, scraping off gum from the little man's armpit, shirt, and tummy.

All I could think was, "Why me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment