Mama Diaries

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bear Poison

There's been a bear sighting in Loveland, Ohio. That's where I live. I don't know what that thing is doing around here, but it certainly isn't welcome.

My kids and some of the neighborhood kids decided to do something about it.

"Mom, I need a mug," my nine-year-old daughter said.

"What for?"

"You'll see."

She filled the mug with water, and put it in the microwave for about a minute. Then she went in the spice cupboard and pulled out an assortment of spices. She took her collection and headed outdoors.

A few minutes later she ran back inside. "Mom, you gotta see this!"

I went outside to see what the fuss was about. She led me to a big tree that obviously had some markings from a creature rubbing against it. "Look at those bear claw marks on the tree!"

"Hmmm," I said as my eye caught the mug on the ground next to the tree. There were some berries, leaves, and a cigar butt from my husband's last smoke added to the hot water and spices. "What the heck is that?" I asked.

"Bear poison!"

No comments:

Post a Comment