Deanie Humphrys-Dunne has given me two more awards. Isn't the Shine On one pretty? Thank you, Deanie! I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself and nominate fifteen more bloggers for the award.
Here are seven things about me that maybe you know, or maybe you don't.
1. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an opera singer or an astronaut. It's a good thing I didn't choose opera singer, because I'd be seriously shattering some windows if I did that now! Being an astronaut would be cool. Then I might be able to find my mind which my family says is lost in outer space.
2. If I wasn't a musician or author, I'd probably be a genetic engineer. I love science, and biology has always been especially interesting to me. When I studied genetic engineering in high school and college, I found it so fascinating. It was like solving puzzles - and I like puzzles!
3. When I was 21, I went on a hot-air balloon ride. It was the coolest experience - very quiet except for the bursts of hot air every now and then. It was fun watching the deer run through the fields below us.
4. I was a viola soloist in Germany. I actually had the option of staying in Germany to pursue a career as a soloist, but I decided I wanted to have a family, and I didn't see that lifestyle as being conducive to meeting someone, getting married, and having kids. So I came back to the United States and lived a normal life (if you want to call this normal!).
5. I used to be a figure skater. I had dreams of trying out for the Olympics. Obviously, that never happened.
6. I am allergic to grass and pine trees. This isn't good, because I hear in Georgia, there are lots of pine trees, and that's where I'm moving.
7. I started playing the viola when I was 13 years old. That's considered late for starting. (I picked up the violin when I was 22). It just goes to show, you're never to old to learn an instrument!
Here's the other award Deanie gave me:
I've already received this one, but the rules are the same. List seven things about yourself and select 15 recipients. If you are selected, you may pick either award.
Here are the other bloggers (I'm only listing five because I'm a busy Mama. And don't give me any lip about it, or I'll send you to your room!) :
Be sure to stop by and visit these bloggers!
Also, another reminder in case you missed the news on yesterday's post: I'm giving away free downloads of my books for Mother's Day. That Mama is a Grouch can be found at Smashwords Use coupon code GP25M. It's good until May 13th. That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN will be available from Amazon Kindle on May 12th.
Congrats on the awards! I've always wanted to ride in a hot-air balloon, but I'm terrified of heights. :)ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend, Sherry!
Thanks. Happy Mother's Day!Delete
I think you should take up figure skating again. You have spin left in you. I know it. I want to watch you skate on TV in the Olympics.ReplyDelete
Ha! I haven't skated in years. I wonder if I'd still remember anything. I'd probably break my neck if I tried a double or triple axel! Heck, I'd probably break my neck just trying to put one foot in front of the other. ;)Delete
Music helps you cope with life. You could have been a contender? in the musical world of classical music? You're lucky you knew what you wanted. Choices at that time of our lives can have great consequences.ReplyDelete
You'll have to stay away from wooded areas in Atlanta - if you live in the 'burbs', watch out for ticks, too, in grassy areas, especially with your dog. Visit the beaches on the Georgia coast, the sea-air is invigorating.
I think I could have done well as a soloist. It would have been a lot of work, but I'm not afraid of that! I had a sample of that lifestyle. It's a lot of socializing, drinking, and late nights. I'm glad I chose the path I'm on. I have a wonderful husband and beautiful, sweet children!Delete
Congrats on the two well deserved awards.ReplyDelete
Have already gone to my room.
Thanks. Enjoy the time in your room (I guess) ;)Delete
CONGRATS on the awards, Sherry! I've always thought it would be nice to go on a hot air balloon ride.ReplyDelete
It was a lot of fun. I'd like to do it again someday.Delete
Congrats on your awards!ReplyDelete
We moved to Georgia in '71, and shortly thereafter, a doctor told us, "If you don't have allergies now, give it time. You WILL." And he was right. The pollen levels are off the charts in the springtime; the rest of the year, they're just high. But we still love it here. I hope you do, too.
I hope so, too. I've heard there's a lot to do, so I'm looking forward to exploring the area.Delete
You have many talents!! Wow!!ReplyDelete
And you're right. It's never too late. ;)
That's what I tell my adult students. I had one 87 year old lady start piano lessons. And she learned, too!Delete
Congratulations on your awards- you are multi talented!ReplyDelete
Wow! Do you know how impressed I am by the things on that list. You ROCK!ReplyDelete
Congrats on your much deserved awards Sherry, because you seriously are a lovely and genuine person. And I am SO honoured that you even thought of mentioning me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)
Aw, thanks, Lily! You rock, too!Delete
Hey -- Thanks so much. This was fun to read these things about you. You are super duper talented.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the award.
You're welcome. I look forward to reading about you!Delete
Congratulations and thank you for the passing the award on my way. I don't do much with awards, but I will try to do this meme--but it'll have to be after my next couple of posts for I'm at 998 posts!ReplyDelete
I looked at your children's books. I like the idea of a book to help a child clean their room, but your book is for 3-7 year olds. I need one for a 15 year old (who by the way started violin lessons at 3!) Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow.
I figured that some people don't do the awards, but I figured it might help bring some traffic to your page.Delete
I'll work on writing a book for 15 year olds!
Have a great Mother's Day!
Congrats on the award. You have don some really cool things.ReplyDelete
I feel very blessed that I've been able to experience so much of life!Delete
It's not bad unless the grass is seeding. Then I'm in big trouble!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award. I like finding out more things about you, you're so talented and the more I see your adventurous side. Ah hot air balloon over a beautiful landscape and deers, lovely!ReplyDelete
You would've enjoyed the hot air balloon ride!Delete