Friday, May 3, 2013
Awards and a Give-away
More awards have landed at my pad. Deanie Humphrys-Dunne has bestowed two of them on me! Don't those cupcakes look positively delicious? I love the colors! Thanks Deanie!
The first award is the Super Sweet Blogging Award. After my post about dismembering chickens yesterday, I'm not so sure I deserve it. But since I have a major sweet tooth, I'll just go ahead and accept it.
Here are the rules: Thank the person who awarded it, display the badge, answer the five questions, and nominate a bakers dozen (13) for the award.
So here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite desert? Seriously? I have to pick a favorite? Okay. I'm going with ice cream - black raspberry with chocolate chunks. Pistachio is a close second, followed by coconut with chocolate chunks. (Can you tell I like chocolate?)
2. Cake or ice cream? Well, that's pretty obvious. Ice cream! Although if you offered me a piece of cake, I'd probably have no problem taking it!
3. When do you like deserts most? Um. Morning, noon, and night! Any time is good for deserts!
4. Would you choose cookies or cake? Oh my. What a decision! It depends on the flavor. Chocolate wins. But if the cake had ice cream, I'd have to go for that!
5. Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate! But you already knew that, right?
Before I list other bloggers, I'm going to go ahead and accept this other award.
I guess I don't totally get this one. Are those ghosts popping up out of the floor? Anyway, this is the Best Moment Award. I'm supposed to write an acceptance speech that expresses gratitude, uses humor, and provides inspiration. Must be practice for when I win a Newberry award!
So here it is: THANK YOU!!!!!!
Are you inspired? Are you laughing? Oh. Well, I guess I'll have to practice more.
Which brings me to my next point. The give-away! To celebrate Mother's Day, and reaching over 300 followers, I'm doing a giveaway: Winners will receive either one of two $10.00 Amazon gift cards, a copy of my book, That Mama is a Grouch, or a copy of my book, That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN! If you'd like to be entered in the drawing, please let me know what you'd like to win in your comment. There will be four drawings, and the winners will be chosen on Tuesday, May 7th. Thanks to all of you who follow and comment! You rock!
Now for the bloggers: If you are listed, just pick any award. I don't care which.
1. Delight Directed Living: http://delightdirectedliving.blogspot.com/
2. Writing with Hope: http://hoperoberson.blogspot.com/
3. In Between: http://adrianadascalu.blogspot.ro/
4. Wishbone Soup Cures Everything: http://lilytequila.blogspot.com/ (Does it really?)
5. Jane's Jewels: http://missesjanesjewels.blogspot.com/
6. Eyes 2 Page: http://www.ajfrey.com/
7. Shutterbug: http://shutterbugsworld.blogspot.com/
8. Creative Writing in the Blackberry Patch: http://creativewritingintheblackberrypatch.blogspot.com/
9. Connecting with Stephanie: http://thestephanieconnection.blogspot.com/
10. To the Moon: http://moon-lore.blogspot.com/
11. Libby Heily: http://libbyheily.blogspot.com/
12. Elsie is Writing: http://www.elsieiswriting.com/
13. Elysabeth's Writing Emporium: http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com/
(I'm really sorry I couldn't make the list nice and neat with hyperlinks. My mouse seems to be malfunctioning. Maybe I should have my cat eat it and get a new one!)
If you get a chance please visit these bloggers! Thanks again, Deanie!