Last week in my wanderings, I came upon a blog tag over at Lori Maclaughlin's pad. It was called, Reading Habits. I found it rather interesting, and decided to participate. It's a bunch of questions regarding my reading habits. So, here we go:
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Uh, no. In fact, I rarely read at home. You'll find me reading on airplanes, music studios, dance classes, and anywhere else I happen to be. (Same goes for writing.) My free time at home is either spent blogging, doing social media, or practicing one of my instruments.
2. Book mark or random piece of paper? I prefer book marks, but it usually ends up being a random piece of paper, or anything else I happen to find nearby that will do the job. (I've been known to use bread twisty things and paperclips.)
3. Can you stop reading at any time or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc.? If it were a perfect world, I would stop at the end of a chapter, or at least at a logical break. But I'm often interrupted, so I end up stopping wherever I am at the time of the interruption.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? No. I'm sure if I did, the results wouldn't be pretty.
5. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV? I can, but I'd rather have complete silence - something that rarely ever happens for me! Of the two, I find it easier to read in front of the TV, because I usually just ignore it. Music is a little harder, because I'm a musician and I tune into that stuff.
6. One book or several at once? I do several at once. I think the most I've had going at the same time was five. A little crazy, I know. It started when I began reviewing books. To get through so many requests, I had to do it that way.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? I answered this one already. Everywhere.
8. Reading out loud or silently in my head? Silently. The only time I'll read out loud, is if I'm reading to one of my kids, or reading one of my own manuscripts, to get a sense of the flow.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages? Usually not. I take it as it comes. I will say, though, that sometimes, in a series, I'll jump from the first book to the last, to see how it ends. I did that with the Twilight series and Harry Potter.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new? Keeping it new. I don't like to damage books in any way.
11. Do you write in books? Usually not. The only books I will write in, are cookbooks, where I make comments about what I thought about the recipe, or variations I used.
Those are my reading habits. Do you have any you'd like to share? (If you'd like to do this on your blog, consider yourself tagged!)