Deanie Humphrys-Dunne has given me two more awards. Isn't the Shine On one pretty? Thank you, Deanie! I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself and nominate fifteen more bloggers for the award.
Here are seven things about me that maybe you know, or maybe you don't.
1. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an opera singer or an astronaut. It's a good thing I didn't choose opera singer, because I'd be seriously shattering some windows if I did that now! Being an astronaut would be cool. Then I might be able to find my mind which my family says is lost in outer space.
2. If I wasn't a musician or author, I'd probably be a genetic engineer. I love science, and biology has always been especially interesting to me. When I studied genetic engineering in high school and college, I found it so fascinating. It was like solving puzzles - and I like puzzles!
3. When I was 21, I went on a hot-air balloon ride. It was the coolest experience - very quiet except for the bursts of hot air every now and then. It was fun watching the deer run through the fields below us.
4. I was a viola soloist in Germany. I actually had the option of staying in Germany to pursue a career as a soloist, but I decided I wanted to have a family, and I didn't see that lifestyle as being conducive to meeting someone, getting married, and having kids. So I came back to the United States and lived a normal life (if you want to call this normal!).
5. I used to be a figure skater. I had dreams of trying out for the Olympics. Obviously, that never happened.
6. I am allergic to grass and pine trees. This isn't good, because I hear in Georgia, there are lots of pine trees, and that's where I'm moving.
7. I started playing the viola when I was 13 years old. That's considered late for starting. (I picked up the violin when I was 22). It just goes to show, you're never to old to learn an instrument!
Here's the other award Deanie gave me:
I've already received this one, but the rules are the same. List seven things about yourself and select 15 recipients. If you are selected, you may pick either award.
Here are the other bloggers (I'm only listing five because I'm a busy Mama. And don't give me any lip about it, or I'll send you to your room!) :
Be sure to stop by and visit these bloggers!
Also, another reminder in case you missed the news on yesterday's post: I'm giving away free downloads of my books for Mother's Day. That Mama is a Grouch can be found at Smashwords Use coupon code GP25M. It's good until May 13th. That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN will be available from Amazon Kindle on May 12th.