Mama Diaries

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Backseat Discussions

One of the greatest places to learn about your kids and what goes on in their minds, is in the car. My kids and I have had some pretty meaningful discussions as I drive them around town.

Today's meaningful discussion was with my son.

"Mommy, where does Santa get his elves?"

"Um, I think Mommy and Daddy elves have baby elves, and they grow up and work in Santa's shop."

"What if they don't want to?"

"Then I suppose they can go to college and do whatever they want."

"Mommy, does Santa ever get gifts?"

"I don't know. Most kids give Santa milk and cookies. What would you give Santa if you gave him a present?"

"Chapstick."

"That's a very thoughtful present. I'm sure Santa's lips get chapped flying around the world in his sleigh."

"Yeah, and going through blizzards isn't very good for his lips either."

What a thoughtful kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment