Two announcements before I share my story: First, I'm a guest over at the A-Z Blog Challenge blog. It's all about the A-Z posts I did on my other blog, Gone Gardening. Gardening is something I do when my animal cracker crew drives me crazy. I also like to visit gardens. If you want to read more, please hop over!
Also, I found out that Gone Gardening is a finalist in Karen's blogs of the year. It's listed under "Best Kept Secret." Thank you so much, Karen and everyone who nominated me! If you like my gardening blog, please stop by and vote!
Now for the story: Every kid in my neighborhood must've known that I was baking my famous chocolate chip cookies. They swarmed my pad and gathered around while I made them. Of course, they couldn't keep their little paws out of the cookie batter bowl.
"Hey, kids," I said. "If you eat all the cookie dough, I won't have enough to make the cookies!" I directed them over to the table where some pottery clay was. "Go make something with this." I left them to their own devices while I finished the cookies.
Not long afterwards, another kid came into my house. He smelled the cookies. He also saw the clay on the table. Thinking it was cookie dough, he started to pop that stuff into his mouth.
"Whoa," I said. "That's not cookie dough! That's clay. Don't eat the clay!"
That's all I needed - a kid needing hospitalization because he ate pottery clay!