Mama Diaries

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bubba's Laundry Service

"Mama," my eleven-year-old son said. "Can you stop and get pizza after work?"

I looked at the kid. "Dude, it's going to be late. I don't get done until 9:00, and the last thing I'm going to want to do, is wait around for a pizza."

"But I'll pay for it," he offered.

"No, Bubba. Maybe some other time."

He looked despondent. "I promised my friends at school that I'd bring in a pizza for lunch. They did some nice things for me, so I wanted to do something nice for them."

"Can you make it another day, Bubba?" I pointed to the laundry that was piled up in my room, waiting to get folded. "I need to take care of this when I get home."

"I'll fold it for you if you get pizza," he said.

It was obvious that he really wanted that pizza. "Fine," I said. "You can fold the laundry. That will help."

I went to work, and stopped to get pizza afterward. When I rolled into the house, my son was thrilled that I had gotten the pizza.

"Did you do the laundry?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "You can go see."

I went up to my room. There was no longer a big pile of clothes that needed to be folded. There were four piles of clothes that needed to be folded. I shook my head.

"Dude," I called. "I thought you did the laundry."

"I did," he said. "I sorted them into piles of your clothes, dad's clothes, my clothes, and my sister's clothes. All you need to do is put them in the drawers."

Okay. Apparently I have to teach my boy a thing or two about folding laundry.

41 comments:

  1. And he didn't even get four piles of pizzas for the effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well at least that is less socks that need matching up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Good one. They have very creative, agile minds:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He broke the task into smaller parts (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Now he just has to finish up the smaller parts.

      Delete
  5. Clever son you have there Sherry......loved his logic.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Whenever I offer to help Mrs. Shady fold the laundry, she always comes behind me and does it over - her way. Her favorite phrase is "You're such a man!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one! That's what I do whenever my husband tries to make the bed.

      Delete
  7. I wonder if he'd learn to do laundry if his wasn't done one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd just leave it in piles. That's the way guys are.

      Delete
  8. I taught my son to do laundry before he went to college. He's 35, and he still doesn't separate the lights from the darks. I give up.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son is a sweetheart. You should buy him 3 more pizzas for all his hard work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice thought from your son.

    I have a suspicion that many men (Mr T included) sometimes don't do a good job safe in the knowledge that we won't ask again because its easier to do it ourselves.







    I have a theory that men do this on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like what I would have done at his age!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup! I would have taught him then before he got the pizza--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad I didn't catch it before I gave him the pizza!

      Delete
  13. Bubba needs to give a little better service for his laundry service, but at least he got a start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he has a future in the laundry business.

      Delete
  14. ;-) ... Bubba is cute... it sounds exactly like something Valentina would do too. I think we both need to teach them better ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can't blame him. I've got 21 years on the boy and I still don't understand folding. That just means wadding it up and shoving it in a drawer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the boy needs to join the military. That's what straightened my husband out in the folding department.

      Delete
  16. Well now you at least know what his laundry service includes. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's kind of the outcome I expected. I have to say that it's exactly what I would have done at that age. Show him some of the fancy shirt folding techniques you can find on Youtube. They changed me forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'll have to look those up.

      Delete
  18. That's a cute one! I love the fact that he offered to pay for the pizza ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, he did the major sort. Maybe half a pizza?

    ReplyDelete