Mama Diaries

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Kootchie Kootchie Koo

The other day, I went to the store to buy a new purse. The sales lady was especially perky. Like she had had way too much coffee. When I went to check out, I found her dancing to the music that was playing over the speakers. Okay, I thought. At least she's pleasant!

Apparently the perkiness was catchy.  It infected an old woman who had to be at least ninety years old. I had followed this lady into the store, and she could barely walk. But when she was at the counter, checking out, she couldn't resist busting a move to the music.

"Kootchie, kootchie, koo," she said, as she wiggled her hips.

I looked at her and smiled.

She looked at me. "Do you want to dance?"

I raised my eyebrows. I knew I wasn't going to get out of this one. So I joined the fun. There we were - a young lady, a middle aged lady, and an old lady - all kootchie, kootchie, kooing to the music. It was a sight to see!  

29 comments:

  1. Definitely a sight to behold, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing there weren't too many customers in the store!

      Delete
  2. I love it! You have to just drop formality and enjoy the moment sometimes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's easier when kids are around, but I surprised myself and did it without them.

      Delete
  3. Little did you know that Ashton Kutcher and his Punk'd camera crew were catching all the action with their hidden camera. Your segment airs this weekend on MTV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one way to get you dancing. It's always more fun to act silly when you have someone to join you (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I can start my own crazy dance channel. Just go into stores and start dancing - then see what happens. :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh that sounds like fun... I hope I get a chance like that in the future, I would so join in xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you had fun. You had fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE THAT! The world would be a better place if people occasionally broke out into song and dance when the spirit moved them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there would be a lot more smiles if people did that!

      Delete
  9. LOL! That would be a sight to see. There must've been a really good song playing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't even tell you what it was, but it had a decent beat.

      Delete
  10. Love your story, Sherry. That's the way to live life! Kootchie Kootchie koo. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always heard if you smile it becomes contagious. I didn't know dancing did too. Sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun! When a 90 year old asks you to dance, you accept!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great picture! Sounds like fun and I bet everyone felt happier. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Surely all of you had a wonderful time and the sales lady is fantastic. It is such little incidents which remains in our minds for a long time.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll bet that was fun and everyone will remember the dancing and music. :)

    ReplyDelete