Mama Diaries

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Funny Kind of Flour

My son was helping me make muffins last night.

"Okay," I said. "We need two cups of flour. Can you get some and pour it into the bowl?"

"I'm on it," he said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him scooping some white stuff out of a bag that was on the counter. The bag looked a little bigger than a typical four bag. I figured I'd better check this out. I walked over and read writing on the bag:  Easy Sand 20 Joint Compound.  It was the stuff my husband had been using to spackle the ceiling.

"Uh, dude. This isn't flour," I said.

He looked puzzled. "It's not?"

"No. If you use that, the muffins will be rocks."

All I can say, is that I'm glad I caught it before the rest of the ingredients went in!

28 comments:

  1. Then you could spackle the ceiling with muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Talk about sitting heavy in the stomach! I'm glad you checked too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's even worse than mistaking salt for sugar. (True story.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sherry!

    You would have gotten "plastered" if you ate too many of those muffins! :) That was a close call!

    In the post I am publishing tomorrow morning, I will once again be giving you a nod, dear friend. Don't forget to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one! I hope I didn't miss the post. Thank you for the nod! You're a good friend!

      Delete
  5. Hard to digest if you had not noticed Sherry.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A muffin ceiling would sure be neat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then you'd have indestructible muffins! That might be fun... maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muffins made of ceiling compound...hmm...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You keep joint compound in the kitchen? LOL!
    Those would have been forever muffins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband keeps joint compound in the kitchen. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Oh, dear, It's really good you had a keen eye and discovered it before you had cement muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! As much as I love muffins, an "Easy Sand" variation would be one I'd avoid at all costs, for sure. LOL. Thank goodness you noticed the mistake in time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could have put those muffins on display, forever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you caught that. That doesn't sound savory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouch, your poor teeth if you bit into the muffin without knowing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, that's hilarious! Glad you caught him in time. Lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete