Mama Diaries

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunshine

This post has nothing to do with my kids. Rather, it is about a piano student and a parakeet. I teach an autistic child who is an amazing person. Once in a while something truly funny happens during his lesson. Today he was playing and my pet parakeet named Sunshine started chirping loudly. The young man asked why Sunshine was chirping. I told him it was because she liked his music. He giggled. Then he played another song. Sunshine chirped again. He asked why she was chirping. I told him it was because she liked his song. He giggled. Then again he played. The parakeet chirped. And, you guessed it: He asked why she was chirping. I answered that she liked his music. Then he busted out in a full laugh. I had never heard him laugh so hard. It was like a ray of sunshine. Thanks Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment