Mama Diaries

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Boy Genious

This morning my son announced that he wanted to make breakfast for me.  Wasn't that nice?  Except the fruit he was going to use was about two weeks old and growing some white stuff on it.

He sliced a banana.  He put some watermelon pieces on top of that.  Then he took a look at the strawberries.  They were loaded with white stuff.  (In case you're wondering, we were out of town for a week, so the fruit had not been eaten or discarded.  I don't normally have disgusting fruit in my refrigerator.)

"Mama, I don't think I should use this fruit," he said.

"Good call," I replied.

"Are you glad I'm using my brain and thinking?" he asked.

"Yes," I said.  "It's a good thing you're using your brain, because otherwise Mommy might end up in the hospital from food poisoning."

"I'm a genious."

Umm.  Right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment