Mama Diaries

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bookworm

I have tried to instill a love of reading with both of my children.  Since they were teeny-tiny babies, I've been reading to them. 

I wasn't exactly aware of how much my daughter likes reading until just today.  I took her to Barnes and Noble because there was a book she said she wanted to read.  And I can never say no to books (unless there's inappropriate content in them).  When we got there, she showed me all of these books she's been reading.  I couldn't believe it.  She has literally read just about every book that was on the shelves for middle grade readers.  She was telling me all about them.

"You've read all of these?"

"Yeah.  I get them from the library at school."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Reading rocks!  And Rick Raordian is my favorite author.  Lightening Thief is the best!"

I was totally impressed.  I think that made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment