Mama Diaries

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines and Tatoos

Last night was the night before my kids' Valentines Day party at school.  Do you know what that meant?  It meant writing out fifty six Valentines.  And this year, I got those ridiculous tatoo thingies that go inside.  Do you know how hard it is to slide those little buggers in the itty bitty slots on the cards?  Let's just say I had a migraine headache when I was done with it. 

"Hey, kids," I said.  "Do you want to help me out with this?  I could sure use some assistance!"

They came over.  "Oh, cool," they said.  "Can we have some of these Phineas and Ferb tatoos?"

"We have to get them in these cards first," I said.  "If there are any left over, you can have some."

They started helping. 

"This is boring," my son said.  He promptly took off to play his DS.  I think he did one.  Maybe.

My daughter was better.  She finished hers.

Then I had to put the heart stickers on to seal them.  I did that all by myself.

"Okay, kids," I said when I finished.  "They're in your school bags."

My son reemerged from his DS cave and grabbed a sheet of tatoos..  "Can you put these on me?"

Seriously?  I mean, why couldn't he give me a break!

Grrr.  I love Valentine's Day!

1 comment: