Today I thought I'd make a nice salmon with dijon sauce. I gathered the ingredients and started mixing. Except I ran out of mustard. I looked through the refrigerator and found another jar. I added that to the mix and spooned the stuff over the salmon.
Then my nose kicked into action. This stuff doesn't smell quite right, I thought. Then I tried a bit from the spoon. Oh my gosh! This stuff is awful! I wondered what the heck could be wrong. That's when I decided to check the expiration date on the mustard jar.
That was the problem. It expired six months ago. So I washed off the salmon and seasoned it with something else so my family wouldn't die.
So ladies and gentlemen, if I suddenly stop blogging, you'll know I died from mustard poisoning.
At least you realized it BEFORE you fed it to your family :)ReplyDelete
Yes! I would've felt really bad if they had gotten sick from it!Delete
Yeah good catch, hopefully no dead ensues that is never a good thing.ReplyDelete
Yeah. Dying from mustard poisoning would have been a real bummer!Delete
Since you were so quick, at least you sacrificed yourself to save your family :-)ReplyDelete
Isn't that what moms are supposed to do? LOLDelete
Hurray for your two senses - smelling and tasting.ReplyDelete
Now I know why God gave us those senses - to prevent us from ingesting poisoned food!Delete
Hope you didn't get sick.ReplyDelete
I periodically go through and look at all the dates on any jars/bottles that don't get used very often because I worry about something going bad.