Mama Diaries

Friday, March 9, 2012

Eeny Meeny Miney Mo

It's official.  Both of my kids have inherited my defective eyesight.  My seven-year-old son was complaining that things looked a little blurry.  I figured it was time to get checked.  Sure enough, the little guy was in need of some correction.

"Mama, do I get to pick out a pair of glasses?"

"Yep."

"Cool!"

Well, I'm glad he was so excited about it.

He went over to the children's section and inspected his choices.

"Hmmm," he said scrunching up his eybrows. "I don't know which I should choose."

He decided to play a game of eeny meeny miney mo.  After an exceedingly long version of the game, his finger landed on a pair of stylish Nike glasses.  "Yay!" he said.  "That's the pair I wanted anyway.  I didn't like the other ones."

Well now, I'm so glad eeney meeny miney mo saved the day! 

8 comments:

  1. When my daughters were little, one of them threw a tantrum because her sister needed glasses and she 'couldn't' have them. How things have changed since I was young :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glasses are so stylish these days. It seems kids want them even if they don't need them.

      Delete
  2. haha nice how it was so random it landed on the one he wanted..haha..funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It certainly explains the long version of the game, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. That is a great way to choose something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does it all the time. It's amazing how many verses he can think up!

      Delete
  4. What would anyone ever do without that game? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world would be so much more complicated, wouldn't it!

      Delete