Mama Diaries

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Soap Ring

I bet you're thinking that I'm talking about a ring of soap around the bathtub- kind of like a dirt ring.  Nope.  I'm talking about a bar of soap transformed into a ring.  This was done by none other than my super-creative seven-year-old son.

The boy was taking an extra long time in the bathtub.  I assumed it was because I told him he needed to scrub up real good because he was extra filthy.  I assumed wrong.  Most of that time was spent carving a hole in the middle of a brand new bar of soap.

When he came out of the bathroom, he had a big grin on his face.

"What's the smile for?" I asked.

"I made something," he said.

"What?"

"Go in the bathroom.  You'll see."

That's when I saw it.  "How in the world did you do that?" I asked.

"Oh, I just kept the soap in the water a while.  Like about two hours, 'til it got soft.  Then I made the hole with my finger. It's a soap ring.  Do you like it?"

"Um, well...."  I wasn't quite sure what to say.  So I said,  "It's very creative, but next time, spend a little more time scrubbing and a little less time carving soap."

"Okay, Mama." 

We'll see if he listens.  

13 comments:

  1. I think your children must be angels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite inventive! Good quality to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is. It'll be interesting to see what he grows up to be.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, how clever! he might have something there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I have a feeling he prob won't listen and make a soap pyramid next..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least he confessed. Apparently soap carving is a popular hobby among bored pre-teens. I just find the sculptures, but no one will admit to doing it. As if I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. So you're telling me his soap sculptures are just going to get more elaborate?

      Delete
  6. grinZ It would be fun to see what he did with the soap art items that are available. I did this with my grand niece and we had a blast. The soap smells pretty darn good too.

    Cupcake Soap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he'd sculpt them into something other than what they were originally intended to be.

      Delete
  7. There are definitely worse things he could sculpt with ;-)

    ReplyDelete