Mama Diaries

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mama Kong

The other day, I was sitting at the kitchen table doing some work. My son was in the other room playing with his remote control helicopter. It didn't take him long to navigate to where I was. He maneuvered the helicopter into a position just above where I was sitting.

I bet you can't guess what happened. Yes. The downdraft from the helicopter caused my papers to fly off the table.

"Bubba!" I said. "Get that thing out of here!"

He laughed while I scrambled to get everything back in order. Once everything was in place, I took a deep breath and resumed my work.

Five minutes later, the boy was back. I anchored everything down, because I knew what was coming. Sure enough, Mister Annoying Pilot maneuvered his air craft above my work space. Without looking up, I reached and grabbed that thing right out of the sky.

I looked over at my boy. He was clearly in shock.

"Have you ever heard of King Kong?" I asked.

He nodded. "The giant ape that knocks airplanes out of the sky?"

"Yep," I said. "Guess what?"

He shrugged. "What?"

"I'm Mama Kong. And this helicopter is now out of commission!"

41 comments:

  1. How dare he test the Mama Kong! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then daddy is King if you're Kong? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says he's the king, so that must be right. ;0)

      Delete
  3. Mama Kong... I like that. I can only imagine the look on his face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Don't mess with Mama Kong

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had an answer for your son this time round.
    Bet life in your household is wonderful.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets a little crazy sometimes, but it's good!

      Delete
  6. Good for you. That is not allowed. He shouldn't have laughed at his own misbehavior causing you extra work. Franklin knows better than to mess with my projects.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. He should have gotten into trouble for ath idiocy. If it was an accident, no problem, but deliberately upsetting your work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His plane was confiscated. He won't be bothering Mama and her work any more!

      Delete
  8. I'm unsure if it was supposed to be funny or show actual scolding, but it somehow managed to be perfectly both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a lot of humor to get my point across. It seems to work.

      Delete
  9. Ha ha this time Mama Kong proved cleverer than Babbu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember what it was like being a little boy being evil with a toy. I bet he was having a great time right up until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha that is a really cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha. I would've done the same thing. Go, Mama Kong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "It was the helicopter which caused the papers to fly off the table."
    "No, twas beauty killed the papers."
    "What? Are you kidding? It was the helicopter. What the heck were YOU lookin' at?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mama Kong rocks! Happy Sunday, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley. Hope you had a great weekend.

      Delete
  15. Nicely done! At least you didn't celebrate by climbing the Empire State Building and beating your chest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *LOL* Great work, Mama Kong! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurray for Mama Kong! Nice literary lesson for the boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he'll remember not to fly his aircrafts near working people.

      Delete