Mama Diaries

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Perfect Pitch

The other day, I was playing outside with my son. We played a little football, followed by baseball. I was the pitcher. We played for about twenty minutes, then he wanted to switch.

"Mama, I'm the best pitcher!" he said.

I looked at him sideways. "How do you figure that?"

"Because I know how to pitch the perfect pitch."

"Really?" I asked. "I have to see this!"

"You have to be a really good player to hit it."

"I am a good player," I said.

"Okay. Are you ready?"

I nodded.

He winded up the pitch, and then walked forward.

"Dude, what are you doing?" I asked.

He grinned. "Pitching the perfect pitch."

He dropped the ball at the tip of my left foot.

"That was a perfect pitch?" I asked.

"Yep. It went exactly where I wanted it to go!"

Oy!


Before I go, I'd like to wish all Americans a very Happy Fourth of July!

39 comments:

  1. let him try it with professional players.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That way definitely works! lol Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the joys of childhood. Heart warming story. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I think they'd call that a ball

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son rides a logic train that cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son is so funny Sherry xox

    Happy 4th of July xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! He got you, Mama! A happy and blessed Fourth of July to you and yours!
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! I hope you enjoyed your 4th, too!

      Delete
  8. Great post Sherry, yope you thought about the poor football lol.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loopholes! He should be a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd probably be good at it. Actually, both of my kids would be good at that! ;0)

      Delete
  10. Well, it was perfect in his way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Too cute, dear! Happy holidays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The New York Yankees could really use him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You don't need to be a great player if you can find a killer loophole. I love that kind of mentality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's a better pitcher than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bet if you did it his way, you'd be great, too!

      Delete
  15. Though I'm not familiar with the rules of the game I'm guessing dropping the ball at your feet isn't strictly speaking one of them. Still, you have to love his logic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wouldn't get away with that if he was playing on a real team!

      Delete