Mama Diaries

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Tree Named Evelyn

"Mom," my daughter said.  "I saved a tree!"

"You saved a tree?"  I asked.  "How did you do that?"

"I put it in a pot."

"That's a good trick," I said.  "Did it fit?"

"Yeah, it's just a baby.  Look."  She walked me over to a pot that was sitting on the kitchen counter.  Inside was a young pine tree.  Under the whole thing was a sign:  Evelyn.

"This is Evelyn the tree?"

"Yeah.  Isn't she cute?  Daddy was going to run her over with the lawnmower, and I saved her life.  Can we keep her?"

"Yes we keep her, but she has to go back outside in the spring."

So now ladies and gentlemen, we have a new pet in the house:  a tree named Evelyn.    

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah. That's what I like about it. Not much work required!

      Delete
  2. hope it grows big and strong! sounds kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an aunt named Evelyn. I wish she had been a tree.
    Even more, I wish she had made like a tree and leaved.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet! Just think, it'll make less noise and mess than a traditional pet. :) She's a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good habit for the little one. And adorable too!

    Now she has to look after it.


    Nas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see exactly how long she takes care of it. I have a feeling it's going to be another pet I have to take care of. LOL!

      Delete
  6. This is so sweet. What's great about this pet is it'll never get very messy...only big. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big. Yes! So it will definitely have to go outside!

      Delete
  7. This is a sweet story. Your daughter seems very caring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's hope no other pets think Evelyn is a waste basket and decide to mark her haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I don't think Schultz can reach as high as the counter (I hope.)

      Delete
  9. That pet is much better than many others she could bring from outdoors. You are raising an arborist! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! A tree named Evelyn - so poetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder where she came up with the name. I thought it was rather pretty, too.

      Delete
  11. Picture please! Oh ... Evelyn that is :0-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! All right people, I'll see if I can post a picture.

      Delete
  12. Yes, I'd love to see a pic of Evelyn too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just snapped one. I'll see if I can get it posted.

      Delete