Mama Diaries

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Builder Boys

"Mama," my eight-year old son said.  "I'm going to build a house on the hill in our backyard."

"Okay," I said.  "I'm sure it will have a great view."

I watched the boy go to work.  He had his toolbox and shovel.  I watched him collect tree branches and rocks.  I could tell this was going to be a masterpiece.  Soon, my son's buddy came over.  He decided to pitch in, too.  It was a major production. 

The boys worked diligently.  Schultz, our German Shepherd, stood by the door and watched all this activity with great interest.  I could tell he wanted to join in.  Finally, I let him out of the house.     He ran like a madman over to the construction site.  As soon as he got there, he picked up a  giant branch.  He trotted around the yard with that thing in his mouth. 

"Schultz!"  my son yelled.  "Stop it!"

Schultz didn't listen.  So I went outside.  "Come here, Schultz."  The big furry beast pranced over to me with the branch swinging from side to side.  I led him to the construction site.  "Drop it," I said.

The dog dropped the branch right in place. 

"See," I said.  "He just needed some on the job training."

26 comments:

  1. *LOL* Ah, Schultz. He makes me laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! That's funny!! Great story....Thanks for sharing!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, when you need some construction work done on the double, you can have it done for the price of a milk bone! How cool is that? Gotta love Schultz. ;)
    - Madge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. My crazy dog always gives me something to write about!

      Delete
  5. Adorable. I'll bet from there on out he was spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha he just wanted to make sure it was good and sturdy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I personally think he has plans to eat it when it's done.

      Delete
  7. LOL, I never tire of the Schultz stories. Needed some on the job training. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good boy, Schulz! Who's a good doggie?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. My husband and I have actually spent a lot of time training him. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, though :).

      Delete
  10. How cool, a little boy's construction site with branches and rocks, love it. And German Shepherds are very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys had a great time out there. And yes, Schultz is a very clever animal!

      Delete
  11. You have the cutest anecdotes on here! What a good doggie!

    I'm so excited about having won the giveaway - the box is downloading at the moment :) Thank you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you won. I hope you're able to share it with your students. I think they'll enjoy learning about bees.

      Delete
  12. lol! Maybe you should give Shultz a hard hat to make the job official ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww.. Schultz's so smart and adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one very intelligent animal. He's so smart, it's scary!

      Delete