Mama Diaries

Monday, September 3, 2012

Have a Little Corn with your Butter

To celebrate Labor day, we had a barbecue, which included corn on the cob.

I of course, buttered my corn by cutting off a little pad of butter and spreading it with my butter knife.  My husband?  Well, he's not quite as civilized as me.  He took his ear of corn and rolled it in the whole stick of butter.  My son saw that, and thought that was the greatest thing in the world.

"Can I do that?" he asked.

"Sure, Bubba," my husband said.

I groaned as I watched my boy grab an ear of corn and start rolling.  He rolled.  And rolled. And rolled.

"Bubba," I said.  "That's enough!"

"No, it's not!" he said.  "I haven't even gone through a half a stick."

By the time he was done, he had used up almost the entire stick.

"Bubba," I said.  "Next time have a little corn with your butter!"

19 comments:

  1. haha well he had to be thorough. I'm to lazy for the cob, give me the can anyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too lazy for the cob? Dude, you don't know what you've been missing!

      Delete
  2. My mother buttered corn the same way. Her arteries became so clogged by the time she was 68 that she couldn't have bypass surgery. It wouldn't have helped. She died a few years later, following a series of heart attacks. Just thought I'd add a little levity to the corn and butter situation.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I worried you. Mother tended to overdo everything, especially butter.

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious. :) We gone to that spray fake butter here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You should've seen the butter dripping off of that cob!

      Delete
  5. lol!! I love BBQ corn, but perhaps not with that much butter hahhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, my guys like to roll their corn in the butter, but they don't go through a whole stick to do it. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my boy won't either when I tell him about Junie Junebug's mom (see story above). LOL!

      Delete
  7. you know, i only had corn on the cob once this summer---but i do make fried corn and as you can imagine, it has lots of butter in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I shouldn't laugh but he is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to laugh! My boy is always cracking me up!

      Delete