Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Schultz!




Guess who's birthday it is?  Yep.  Our big furry German Shedder/Shredder is two years old!  Two years of trouble.  So let's recap what this beast has done.  He's destroyed our grill, chewed our kitchen chairs, tromped my flower gardens, drank my mother-in-law's coffee, ran away from home four times, tried to eat my violin, jumped in the bathtub with my son, eaten my husband's wallet and credit cards, and drank water from the toilet.  I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff, but I think you get the idea of what a fine pet he's been.

To celebrate the occassion, we had a birthday party.  (No chocolate at this one!)  We got the beast a squeaky red rubber ball (pictured) which is his new favorite toy (can you tell?).  We got him four new bones, and invited his best friend, a white lab named Charlie, over for a play date.  Those two had a blast romping around the yard, chasing each other, and sniffing each other's behinds.

When it was all done, Schultz snuggled with his ball, and had a nice long nap.   I think he's gearing up for the terrible two's.  Let's see what kind of trouble he can get into this year!    

28 comments:

  1. haha god knows what he'll do next. And you mean you never stuck a candle in a pile of poo for him? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I just couldn't handle the smell of poo breath!

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Schultz! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday to Schultz! I can't wait to read more stories about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Schultz has the best birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has such a look of innocence. Are you sure he really did all those things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing :) He is so lucky to have such a nice mommy and daddy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get a picture with the ball in his mouth, but he was moving around too much.

      Delete
  7. I can't imagine how hyper he was after drinking the coffee. Did you watch Marley & Me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen Marley and Me. I bet it's funny! And yes, Schultz was quite hyper after drinking the coffee!

      Delete
  8. I love you, Schultz. Happy Birthday.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, happy birthday. Schultz is about the same age as our puppy. She's two next month. I have to say that Schultz is much naughtier than our Bella. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Schultz has been a handful, but he's getting better.

      Delete
  10. You have more patience than I do. As much as I love, love, love animals, I could not have your dog. In fact, I am glad you have him! lol For now, I am sticking to my independent cats. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Actually, I'm more of a cat person. My daughter was the one who wanted a dog!

      Delete
  11. Well hello Schultz, happy birthday! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says, thank you. And he's wondering if you can come over and give him a tummy rub. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Looking forward to read more about Schultz. He seems to have enjoyed his birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did enjoy his birthday. And yes, you will enjoy the Schultz stories. He's certainly a character!

      Delete
  13. Haaaa, well, hopefully he's already used up his bad behavior in the FIRST year! Sounds like plenty. LOL Happy Birthday to Schultz. I love the "German Shedder/Shredder" label. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping he used up all his bad behavior, too!

      Delete