Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to Medeia Sharif for bestowing the "Very Inspiring Blogger" award to me.  If Medeia had not already been selected, I would have definitely chosen her for the award.  She is one disciplined writer!  She's also a very nice person - always featuring other authors on her site. If you don't already know Medeia, be sure to visit her!




If you get this award, here are the rules:

1.  Thank the person who nominated you.
2.  Nominate bloggers whom you find inspiring
3.  List seven things about yourself

Inspiring Bloggers:

1.  Dana - She's such a warm and friendly lady, and her Sunday Inspirations are truly inspiring!

2.  Christine Rains - Christine is one busy writing mom.  She's an amazing lady!

3.  Journey of Life - Always has great thoughts and fabulous places to visit.

4.  Arlee Bird - Well, this A-Z challenge creator is a blog master.  I don't know how he has time to write so many blogs and keep up with all the commenters.  Definitely inspiring!

5.  Alex Cavanaugh - Captain Ninja himself.  Is he not inspiring?  If you don't know him, go meet him.  You'll be inspired!

6.  Michelle - This lady has a way with words.  She can take a writing prompt and turn it into something amazing!

7.   Archna Sharma -  Her poetry is magic.  You have to read it!


Useless Information About Me You Probably Never Wanted to Know

1.  I never broke a bone until I had kids.  Now I break toes all the time, tripping over my kids' and husband's clutter. 

2.  I can do a headstand, but I couldn't do a cartwheel if my life depended on it.

3.  I am Hungarian and Norwegian.

4.  I'd rather read than watch TV.

5.  I logged over 1000 dives when I was a SCUBA diving instructor.  That's a lot of time underwater!

6.  Skydiving is on my bucketlist.

7.  I'd like to visit Antarctica before it melts. 

So there you have it.  Inspiring bloggers, and uninspiring info about me.  I hope you get to visit these great people.  I'd love to add all of you, but if I did, this post would be ridiculously long!

28 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sherry, for this honor. I was flattered by the comment you left on my blog. I have stopped doing the awards on my blogs as they became so time consuming and it became difficult to come up with new question answers and things about me. I will add this to an ongoing post that I've been doing on Wrote By Rote that I might publish there one day.

    Again, thanks. You are a gem for thinking of me in this way. By the way, I have been falling way short in keeping up with all of my commenters. I try, but I don't seem to keep up like I used to.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Arlee. You are most certainly an inspiration, and I wanted to introduce you to people who may not already know you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Sherry!
    I've received it before, so I shall just graciously accept it here. If I can keep people excited about blogging and life in general, then my job here is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think you've raised the bar on blogging, and have certainly joined people together in the blogosphere. I figured you probably had received this award somewhere along the line, but I still wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration, and I wanted to introduce you to followers who may not know you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the award, Sherry! It was sweet of you to think of me.

    Regarding your second fact: I'm the same way. I have never been able to do a cartwheel, but headstands...they're easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.

      And yes, cartwheels are quite a mystery to me. I guess I'm afraid of landing on my head.

      Delete
  4. I'd rather read than watch TV too. Great lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of inspiring bloggers out there!

      Delete
  5. You have awards coming out your errr ummm lass hahaha hope it doesn't cause gas. Congrats and now I don't want kids, they break bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nice to see you bringing your sea to my shore!

      As far as kids go, yeah, they're hazaradous to my health, but I'm really glad I have them! Don't let my broken toes scare you ;)

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed your seven facts. My mother's family came from Norway and I am the recipient of the Norwegian baking gene in our family. My Christmas cookies are quite popular. I can't stand on my head. I can barely stand on my feet, so I'm very impressed with your accomplishment. Please stop breaking bones.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I inherited the Norwegian baking gene,too. My family is very glad that I did!

      I think I will invest in a pair of steel-toed boots. Maybe that will solve my broken toe problem. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the award! What a wonderful recognition of your lovely blog. Regarding #2 I can't do either and I'm with you on #7...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's a really nice award to receive. I hope you get to see Antarctica before it melts!

      Delete
  8. LOL - I can't do a headstand to save myself but I can do a cartwheel. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry, thanks a million for the award. I feel grateful and honoured to be singled out as a recipient.
    You have a great list, and I'm with you all the way on no.4.
    I will fetch the award sometime next week, when I write the next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I can't wait to see who you pick for the award!

      Delete
  10. Hungarian and Norwegian!

    Congratulations on winning the award, Sherry. You picked some very nice blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many awesome bloggers out there! I'm glad I had the chance to recognize some of them.

      Delete
  11. so you've conquered the seas, now to the skies!
    what a brave adventurer you are!
    congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sherry! CONGRATS on your award. I enjoyed learning new things about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's getting harder to come up with new things, though :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your award!! I got it from Medeia too. :) Loved hearing more about you--my, you are an adventurous sort, aren't you?! No way would I have skydiving on my bucket list. Yes, I'm a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Sherry! Really appreciate this .. I have to craft one over the weekend and pass them on.

    You were a scuba diving instructor! --Way awesome!

    ReplyDelete