Mama Diaries

Saturday, September 1, 2012

All Tied Up

"Mama," my son said.  "I need a new bike."

"What do you mean, 'you need a new bike?'" I said.  The kid had gotten a new bike a year ago, and it seemed to fit him just fine.

"Well, somebody left some 20 pound test line in the way, and it ended up in my chain and wheel."

Uh oh.  That didn't sound good. I went outside to investigate the situation.  What I found was a serious mess.  An entire reel's worth of fishing line was wrapped around my son's back wheel and entwined in his chain links.  "Let me get the sissors," I said.

I came back out and started working on that thing.  Let me just say, it took almost an hour to cut out all that fishing line and get it out of the chain.  When I was done, my hands were covered in black chain grease.  I was not a happy camper.

"Listen here, kid," I said.  "You make sure that 'somebody' doesn't leave fishing line hanging around on the ground anymore, because if that 'somebody' does, this 'somebody' isn't going to be very happy!" 

14 comments:

  1. yes somebody isnt going to be happy
    beautifully said

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha hmmm I wonder who that somebody was

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes forever to cut or untangle certain things.

    I nominated you for a blog award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. I really don't like doing it when I have a million other things to do!

      Thanks for the blog award. I'll pop over to your place and check it out.

      Delete
  4. You have a lot more patience than I do! Crossing my fingers you never have to do that again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little guy must be a serious fisherman -- I wouldn't have known what "20 pound test line" was as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would not believe what a fisherman he is! He can change reels, lines, lures, bobbers, etc. And he knows all about the different kinds of fishing poles there are. It's mind boggling. And he learned it all from his buddy's dad.

      Delete