Mama Diaries

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Romantic Encounter

You may recall that a few days ago, my son opened a fortune cookie that had the message, "You will soon have a romantic encounter."  I was slightly concerned, but really didn't think he'd seriously have one.

I was wrong.  The boy now informs me that he thinks he has a girlfriend.

"What?' I said, hardly believing my ears.

"Yeah.  In school today, we were allowed to pick one person to hug.  A girl picked me.  She's really nice!"

Um. Okay.

So this revelation came yesterday.  Today, I went into the classroom to help the teacher.  The kids were sitting on the carpet as I walked in.  I noticed my boy was sitting next to a girl.

Hmmm. 

Then, when the teacher walked over to me to give me my instructions, I glanced out of the corner of my eye and saw my boy playing rock, paper, sissors with this girl.

Now I know I'm in trouble!



One announcment before I close:  Tomorrow, September 1st at 10:00 AM EST, I'll be a guest on this radio show reading my book, That Mama is a Grouch.  If you want to hear the story, or listen to me yap, please stop by!

17 comments:

  1. And so it all begins... ;)

    I'm traveling tomorrow and won't get to listen to your show. :( Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! The show went well. I think it's archived, so you can probably go to the link and listen to it whenever you want.

      Delete
  2. SO cute - but, yeah, it starts so early! Sounds like you've got a great kiddo! Best of luck on the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too early! Thanks for the well-wishes. The show was great!

      Delete
  3. How sweet! And good luck with your radio broadcast - or I hope it was great, if it's already happened! (Not sure about the time difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha after rock, paper, scissors it all down hill for you from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young love is so sweet. I was crazy for a boy in first grade and used to chase him around the playground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. I remember in the second grade, that a boy really liked me. He was always giving me presents. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the radio broadcast, Sherry. I don't think I'll be able to access it from my end of the world.
    Bubba and his girlfriend - sounds too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh! So cute. The fortune cookie is to be blamed for this:)) All the best of luck to your radio broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I bet he gave her The Look, and she fell for it. That boy is a stud in the making.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear...before you know it he'll be getting married! ;)

    ReplyDelete