Mama Diaries

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Scaring the Ladies

Today I took my son back to the park where the lake with the turtles was.  He still had it in his mind that he wanted to catch one of those things.  I showed him the sign that said "Catch and Release Only."

"But I want to keep one if I catch it," he said.

"Sorry, but you have to follow the rules or the park ranger will give us a ticket."

He wasn't too happy about that, but he accepted it.  After we visited the lake and spotted a few turtles, we  roamed around the park, playing on the swing sets and hiking on the trails. It was very hot and humid, and we were both sweating like crazy.  

At the end of our visit, he wanted to stop back at the lake. 

"Mama," he said.  "See those ducks over there, sitting on the grass?"

"Yeah," I said.  "What about them?"

"I'm going to scare them."

"Why?  They're just..."

Before I could finish my sentence, the boy charged at a flock of about 15 ducks - all female mallards.  They took off into the lake, quacking their little heads off.

"What did you do that for?" I asked when I caught up to him.  "You scared the ladies."

He shrugged his shoulders.  "I don't like girls."

"Why?"  I asked.

"They smell bad.  And they're bossy."

Do you think he was trying to tell me something?

17 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry....I had a good giggle over this!!! What a cutie pie!!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL well I don't know about the first part, but the second part I have to agree with him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unfortunately we women have a tendency to be a little bossy.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the smile and giggle on this one. Things are never boring for you. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Susanne, for some reason I can't get over to your blog. I see your Google page and that's it.

      Delete
  4. Errrrr he's talking about me. Ground him mommy😡😡😡.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he's not talking about you. He's talking about me and the ducks.

      Delete
  5. hahahaha so funny, but there is something joyous to chase ducks as a kid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can see him now--i am sure he wasn't talking about his mom :)

    ReplyDelete