Mama Diaries

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Muck Boot Dancing

Today, my daughter had a dance performance at a nursing home.  Since my husband was working, I dragged my son along.   He was not particularly thrilled about that, until he saw the donut/cookie table.  The activity director at the nursing home went all out - there were two ginormous trays of cookies, another tray of donuts, grapes, and carrots. ( I guess the organizer figured there had to be something healthy served with all that junk.)

My son happily raided that table while all the little girls in tutus and tiaras danced around him.  After he had his fill, he wiped off his chocolate covered face and started dancing.  Now that, in itself, was pretty funny. But what made it even funnier, was the fact that he was wearing black rubber boots.

One of the moms chuckled.  "Do you want to dance with us?" she asked.

My boy gave her a big grin.  "I don't do ballet.  I muck boot."

16 comments:

  1. I hope he doesn't much out the stalls in them!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that must have been quite the sight, with those boots I bet he could burn rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was funny to see my boy with all those pretty ballerinas - the thorn amongst the roses.

      Delete
  4. Bless him! I love his ripostes - a quick-witted boy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *LOL* Hilarious! A table set with yummy foods deserves a good muck boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, what fun! I would have enjoyed seeing that. : )

    ReplyDelete