Mama Diaries

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tapping at Timmy's Wok

As you may or may not know, my daughter is a dancer.  Her specialty is tap dancing.  (And yes, that means I listen to hours and hours of tapping noise as she practices her moves.)   Well, let me tell you, that girl has a tough time keeping her feet still.

Today, we were waiting at Timmy's Wok, a local Chinese restaurant, while our order was being prepared.  My daughter, the hyperactive, energetic dancer she is, started practicing fallaps and shuffle ball changes.  I watched her and shook my head.

All the tapping got the attention of a toddler in the back kitchen.  Apparently, mom and dad are the chefs, and the toddler was hanging out with them.  Anyway, this cute little Chinese boy started watching my daughter.  He was amazed.  Soon that little kid was doing some toe tapping of his own. Then the little boy's sister got in on the act.  She wasn't much older than him.

I'm sure you can just picture it - my big kid and two little kids tap dancing around the restaurant.  Fortunately, nobody else was in the place.

"Mom," my daughter said.  "I'm a really good influence on these kids."

"Hmmm," I said.  "Not so sure about that.  Now these kids are going to think it's okay to tap dance in a restaurant."

"At least they'll provide good entertainment for the customers."

Yeah, that they will!  

13 comments:

  1. LOL. I dreamed of having a tap dancing daughter, but I have three boys. After all those years dancing at Disney and other various organizations I thought I could help my little girl. Nope.
    I'm a new follower. I look forward to seeing your post for the chocolate fest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Oh yes, I love chocolate, and so do my kids!

      Delete
  2. haha well maybe she did help, they could get some extra tips for their parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I didn't think about that. Maybe we should go back and ask for a cut of the tips. ;)

      Delete
  3. That's so cute! And I'd be entertained to see little kids dancing around like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that positive thinking of your daughter! She is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's got my teacher gene or something. She has a way with kids!

      Delete
  5. She should be proud to be an inspiration to those around her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Usually it's my son who's the entertainment. My daughter can be quite a character, too!

      Delete
  7. The only thing better than tap dancing in a restaurant is dessert.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete